CompareKa is following strict security procedures when storing, transmitting and disclosing your information. This means that we will ask for proof of your identity and acceptance before we disclose any details about you on our website.
In order to get your free quote by our instant search engine we need to collect and process some basic car details and personal information about you. Additionally it may be necessary to forward and match this data with a number of third party providers, being insurance companies and/or insurance brokers. This process is necessary to provide a free quote for your motor insurance. Any personal information collected by us will be held and processed under strictest confidence. Moreover the data collected is used only for providing you the requested service, namely providing you a free, instant quote for your car insurance.
Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Purposes for which we use information about you
We and other members of the CompareKa group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalize and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analyzing market trends in the insurance and financial sector nd customer demographics; and/or
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about financial as well as insurance products and services which we think may be of interest to you, and sending you annual insurance renewal quotes based on information you previously provided to us if you have requested insurance quotes; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party.
Passing on information about you
As part of using our Services you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose insurance as well as financial products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with an online quotation for the product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. Some third parties like insurers and broker with whom we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customize and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- The Financial and Insurance Services Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring.
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you.
- If you use our Services to search for and compare insurance products, the information you provide may be used to carry out certain credit checks through licensed credit-referencing agencies. This is used as part of the underwriting process for some of the insurance providers and a record of this search will be made although this will not adversely affect your credit profile.
Except as stated in this privacy statement, we will not disclose any of your personal information and details to third parties without your permission, unless we are forced by law to do so. This may be possible in case of a court order or for prevention of fraud and other crime.
By submitting data on our website, you accept CompareKa, our broker and insurance partners to process the data in order to get your free quote. We may also use your data to keep you updated on special promotions, new insurance products and services as well as for reminding you to renew your contract.
You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep indemnified CompareKa from all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by CompareKa in connection with or arising from the disclosure of your personal information.
Your responsibility for the information you provide
- You may complete a registration process as part of your use of CompareKa, which may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any username, password and/or other identification information must be kept confidential by you and must not be disclosed to, or shared with, anyone. As explained in our Terms & Conditions, where you do disclose to or share with anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on CompareKa using your username, password and/or other identification information.
- You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on CompareKa is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
- We may also need to collect information from you about other individuals, e.g. additional named drivers if you request a car insurance quotation. As explained in our Terms & Conditions, by submitting another person's details you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.